Remember Each Day Your Motivation!
What is motivation? It is something that inspires you to take action, gives you drive, nurtures enthusiasm! It spurs you on and provides an impetus to continue, an overall driving force! It helps you want to keep going when things are tough and one part of you wants to quit!
What helps develop that quality for you? Below I share some possible things to consider.
Be in AWE of your natural ability to bring beneficial changes into your life!
Cultivate the attitude of discovery, appreciation, and FUN for your journey!
You can always BEGIN AGAIN! Any mistakes or failures, no matter how great, are never infinite, they’re finite! So, climb back up and begin again! It’s all self-discovery! You learn what works and what doesn’t work for you. So, if you take one step, then fall on your face, then take another step and…fall on your face…you’re PROGRESSING one step by “one body length” at a time! I call it “stumbling in the right direction!”
Also ask yourself, “How will I take time this week (each day) to acknowledge my efforts?” Throw yourself at life! Keep your eyes wide open and learn. Have FUN!
- Set your motivation, your intention—your reason for making the effort. Fertilize your new growth with If You Would Grow. Look at A Daily Reminder. Doing this will help you weather the ups and downs of your life’s journey. Consider also that you want to free your heart, mind, body, and spirit from suffering. You want to be a healthy, happy camper!! You desire to celebrate your life!
- Create an inspiring reason for your commitment! Perhaps get a notebook and write down the answers to these questions:
- How would you define success for yourself? What do you want to do or change in your life? How would it benefit you (or others) to do it?
- List some advantages and disadvantages of keeping things the way they are or doing things differently:
To continue ASK Yourself:
- What are advantages of the way things are now? What are disadvantages of things right now?
- What are the difficulties of doing things differently? What would be the benefits of doing other things?
I encourage you to take the time to write down the answers to these questions and consider them for yourself.
After you go through this “sorting out” process, you will have convinced yourself of the value TO YOU of choosing to make an investment in yourself to change your life. Consider: Change? Who me? How?
- Remember to plant the garden of your life with seeds of well-being. Plant the garden of your mind with possibility thinking! Step out of your old rut of emotional despair! Do it from a space of deep honoring, respect, and affection–for yourself! You want to free yourself from pain and distress, and from patterns that don’t work for you. You want to be healthy, peaceful, and contented. Ah…personal freedom! Go out and dig in Plant the Garden of Your Life With Seeds of Well-Being. Frolic in and practice daily the skills of emotional nurturing. Plant Precious Nuggets Of Possibility Thinking! Chew on Mental Nutrients: What To Say When You Talk To Your Self and How to Develop a Loving, Self-Nurturing, Inner Voice For You!
- Make it FUN!! The process of making lifestyle change can be entertaining and enjoyable! You don’t have to force yourself to do something that you really like to do, do you? Self-care should NEVER be torture, or in any way personally disrespectful. You can learn to celebrate a healthful lifestyle! In fact, making FUN your focus will insure that your new patterns naturally become your new way you create your life. Go to dance around: Small Baby Steps Lead to Success!, CELEBRATE Healthful Eating! Yum! Make It FUN. Make It Colorful!, CELEBRATING The Simple Joys Of Life!, The Power of Fun: Celebrate Enjoyable Ways To Be Active!, Frolic In Nature!, Bob’s Healthy Kitchen and Pantry, What’s In It? An Alphabetical Guide to Zestful Living, and Sprinkle Dollops of Delight and Self-Care Towards Yourself for ideas of how to begin.
- Prioritize. Take the time. Invest in yourself: Invent a new life! When you choose to do this, your deep emotional core KNOWS that you love and value…YOU! Radiate towards you, Shine The Light of Self-Care to learn about how transform the root of low self-esteem. For me, it came from having delight deficiency syndrome. I didn’t take enough time to care for my soul and spirit in nurturing ways. I found that deep down I didn’t feel worthwhile. For me, applied self-esteem was learning how to take time for activities that fill up my well of reserve; so from that well, I then take time to help others.
- For me, taking time to remember the pain of the past helps keep me motivated to make the daily commitment to ongoing lifestyle change. Delve into Bob’s story, The Emotional Area.
- Take time to acknowledge and celebrate how your life has changed because of your daily commitment and your investment in yourself. What are the pay-offs? To name just a few: Notice the Benefits of Being Active and CELEBRATING The Simple Joys Of Life! Notice, as well, the transformation in your QUALITY of life!
- In my Mission statement I share my overriding reason for taking the hundreds of hours that it has taken to write and post all of the materials you find on this BLOG and my website (this keeps me going). Imagine that you have developed all the skills and have PERSONALLY experienced all of the deep mental, emotional, and physical shifts in your relationship with yourself! Your life is transformed! Wow! Cool, huh?
- To empower each person to become a loving caregiver (their own lifestyle COACH) to their body, mind, and spirit; in effect, to learn how to nurture, honor, and respect themselves.
In this BLOG each person will get to the root of their weight imbalance by identifying thoughts, feelings, and lifestyle patterns that affect on their eating and activity choices. For each person, I will support your efforts as you learn skills that allow you to:
See your life as a whole and develop wisdom and discernment about your moment-to-moment choices. You will come to understand how each of your daily choices affect your body, mind, and spirit–how everything is interconnected.
- Learn to become a more compassionate and loving friend to yourself…feel a deep affection for you!
- Appreciate & care for your body with the daily choices you make. Notice that your body has “resisted your best efforts to kill it off and still works!” Over time, your health improves!
- Identify personal needs and how to meet these needs.
- Improve overall self-care–to figure out what you need to be a healthy, happy camper!
- Set realistic expectations as you learn how to be your own lifestyle self-manager (a coach). As you learn this skill, your self-confidence will improve!
- Explore the emotional aspects of your weight and come to meet your deep needs in skillful ways.
- Practice eating for health & pleasure. Yum! You will no longer be obsessed with food! You will experience a healthy relationship with it. You will know that “food is a delicious nutrient, NOT a lover!”
- Learn to savor the joys of an active lifestyle as you improve your friskiness!
- Create a more fulfilling lifestyle; one that blesses you and others!
- Learn to see your life as an ECOSYSTEM. Your Life–Everything Is Interconnected!
- Discover how to take the long-term view as you gain perspective that life is a JOURNEY, not a race!
- Don’t just focus on “the goal” of weight loss, but enjoy the journey as you Become Fit and Frisky From Within!
- Take time to CELEBRATE and appreciate your many blessings and opportunities. Notice what’s NOT wrong!! Are you having FUN yet? Savor the Self-Nurturing, Self-Esteem section! Be Happy!, Gratitude List!
- BEST of all, you will never need to “diet” again! You will be free from the “diet mentality” and have learned to create your life in a new way!
May the seeds of self-honoring and respect, self-empowerment and awareness, sprout, grow, and blossom into a wondrous, abundant new life for you!
Along your journey of change, be gentle with yourself! Trust YOU.
Be respectful towards yourself:
“Don’t shout at the apple and demand that it ripen!
It won’t ripen any faster and all you’ll get is a sore throat!!!”
Click www.Daveswordsofwisdom.com for more