WE ALL GET PULLED AND DISTRACTED IN MANY DIRECTIONS
Last Sunday PM we had a terrific discussion in the Question & Answer session at meditation group, in response to a question:
HOW do we make life meaningful and a practice skillful life choices even after our meditation sessions?
Here us a summary of the excellent discussion:
- Consider what are the reasons that make me feel good about meditating?
- Fill my mind with skillful, contemplative teachings.
- Ask myself: how do I meditate regularly? How can I make this happen?
- How do I carry loving kindness practice for myself and all other people?
- Consider totally enjoying each meditation sit!!!
- Encourage myself to be happy with what I am doing with my life!
- Don’t judge myself and be hard on myself. Be happy with my successes.
- Celebrate my life!
- Look at the book Genuine Happiness by Alan Wallace
- Practice integrating the teachings into other life activities.
- Recognize my innate awakened mind.
- “Bookend” my day with taking refuge and remembering how changing my life will benefit all people: whatever I do today will lead all people out of suffering. May what I do end suffering!
- Rejoice in all the good things done in the world–by everyone–all of the time!
- Look for acts of virtue–where ever I am during the day. See how my life is benefited by countless people every day.
- Nurture a sense of rejoicing and create a happy mind!
- Watch out for the habit of pessimism and self-judgment.
- Contemplate the aspiration that everyone may rejoice in their own virtue.
- Notice my own goodness–make it a habit.
- Celebrate the joy that others have in their lives.
- Remember the kindness of all people