Cultivate health! Celebrate well-being!
Vitality/aliveness/well-being is more than a number on a scale!
Ask yourself: What’s NOT wrong?
What are the blessings in my life that sometimes I might take for granted?
Come to the banquet table of life.
Learn to nourish yourself in ways that provide lasting nourishment to the soul (heart).
Practice the recipes for nourishing the heart.
Learn the art of cultivating joy.
Ask yourself, what nourishes joy in me? What nourishes joy in others?
Do I nourish joy in myself and others enough? Do I enjoy the precious jewels that I have?
Notice if there’s suffering (obstacles/patterns that don’t work well).
See a cause.
See a way out, and a path that shows the way out.
Practice the path.
Ideas for Self-Nurturing Activities By Bob Wilson, BS, DTR
(* = FREE) This list is euphoric and non-caloric!!!
Listen to my favorite music
Enjoy a long, warm bubble bath
* Go for a walk
* Share a hug with a loved one
* Relax outside
* Practice feeling contented
* Physical activity (of my choice)
* Spiritual prayer
*Attend a caring support group
* Practice diaphragmatic breathing
* Do stretching exercises
* Reflect on my positive qualities: “ I am…”
* Watch the sunrise/sunset
* Concentrate on a relaxing scene
Create a collage representing “the real me”
Receive a massage…ah…
* Reflect on: “I appreciate….”
Write my thoughts and feelings in a personal journal
Attend a favorite athletic event
Do something adventurous!
Read a special book or magazine
* Sing, hum, dance or whistle a happy tune!
Play a musical instrument
* Spiritual meditation
Work with plants (gardening)
Learn a new skill
See a special play, movie or concert
Work out with weights
Ride a bike or motorcycle
Make myself a nutritious meal
Draw/paint a picture
* Swim, float, wade, relax in a pool, or on the beach
Visit a special place I enjoy
* Smile & say : “I love myself.”
* Take time to smell the roses (and other flowers I enjoy!)
* Imagine myself achieving my goals and dreams
Go horseback riding
* Reflect on “my most enjoyable memories”
* Enjoy a relaxing nap
Visit a museum/art gallery
* Practice yoga
Relax in a whirlpool /sauna
Enjoy a cool, refreshing glass of water or juice
* Enjoy the beauty of nature
* Count my blessings: “I am thankful for…”
* Play as I did as a child
* Star gaze- stay up late, get up early!
* Window shop
* Tell myself the loving words I want to hear from others
Attend a special workshop
Go sailing/paddle boating
Reward myself with a special gift I can afford
Take myself on a vacation
Create with clay/pottery
* Practice positive affirmations
* Pet an animal
* Watch my favorite TV show
* Reflect on my successes: “I CAN….”
Make a bouquet of flowers
* Relax: watch the clouds
Make myself something nice
* Visit a park/woods/forest
Read positive, motivational literature
* Reflect on: “What I value most in life…”
Phone a special friend
Go on a picnic in a beautiful setting
Enjoy a gourmet cup of herbal tea or coffee
Participate in a favorite sport, game, recreation
* Practice a relaxation exercise
* Practice the art of forgiveness
Treat myself to a nutritious meal at a favorite restaurant
Participate in a hobby
* Practice feeling awe for life
* Discover a new place
* Hug a tree!
* “Meow” with a cat; “ bark “with a dog, “chirp” with a bird !
* Create my own list of self-nurturing activities