Why do most people get off track with their attempts to keep up a healthy lifestyle?
Check below for the common reasons. What Are Yours?
You may find that your life at present is touched by many difficult circumstances that make achieving a healthier life may seem impossible. You might feel helpless and hopeless about changing. Is this how you are feeling? I have felt that same way before. Things CAN change for the better.
I encourage you to explore Essential Skills #10-Seeking Support and Counseling. This can help you sort through all that is going on for you, and you can come up some possible options to try out. Taking the time to do this is WORTH its weight in gold!
I encourage you to Set your intention: Plant the Garden of Your Life With Seeds of Well-Being as you explore making new life choices that can free the being that lives inside of your own skin from suffering, pain, and distress. Know that you CAN figure it out!
Next consider delving into the sections below. If your reasons for being unsuccessful go beyond the usual “food and physical activity” lifestyle-change suggestions, I encourage you to invest in yourself.
Pause. Explore these very common challenges that derail people’s healthy living efforts.
- Get To The Roots of Your lifestyle Imbalance
- Are You Confused and Don’t Know Where to Begin?
- Are You Overwhelmed by the Busyness and Pace of Your Life?
- Resources to Help Guide Your Life Back to a Greater Balance, and links to provide perspective and to get encouragement for yourself.
- Discover How to Reclaim and Champion Your Inner Child & Heal Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Coping With Caregiving for Your Loved Ones: A Caregiver’s Guide & Resources
- What Can You Do If You Hate Yourself and Feel Wounded From Your Past?
- Are You Depressed and Don’t Know What to Do?
- When Helping You Is Hurting Me: Are You a Help-Aholic and Don’t Know How to Care for Yourself?
- Thoughts On Healing and Helping Yourself and Others
- Managing The Emotional Pain of Chronic Illness
- The Anatomy of Persistence–How Does Bob Keep Going When Injured?
- Exercising with Health and Physical Challenges
- Learn How to Affirm Yourself Even When in Relapse
- Transform the Self-punishing Inner Voice
- How to Deal With Crisis: Oh No, the Computer or Car Crashes, or Basement Floods, OR…!
- Explore Re-evaluation Counseling to Assist With Emotional Discharge
- Learn How to Use Therapeutic Help for Your Journey
- Getting to Know Your Stress and How to Management It
- On The Spot Stress Managers
- When Society Becomes An Addict!
- 12 Step Programs & Healing Resources
- Discover Resources for Managing the Emotional Pain of Illness
- Discover Resources for Support, Counseling, or Addictions
Practice self care–to find the answers to the challenges you face!
- If You Would Grow
- Shine The Light of Self-Care on Yourself to Transform Inner Pain!
- Sprinkle Dollops of Delight and Self-Care Towards Yourself
- Be Happy!
- Radiate Your Light and Love To The World!
- and see Bob’s story Emotional Area
When life feels “balanced” the urge for chocolate chip cookies and other comfort foods diminishes. So consider exploring…
- Overwhelmed? Too Many Empty Calories?
- Emotional—Spiritual Tune–up
- Understand Your Brain Chemistry and How it Influences Your Body Weight
- Help! I’m Movin’ Too Fast! I need to Slow Down!
- Slow Down! Take time.
- Turning On The Television: Where Is Your Mind?
Readers can review 25 mental health conditions and determine the best course for treatment. Examples: anger, phobias, depression, anxiety, burnout, co-dependency, eating disorders, passive/aggressive behaviors, marital/relationship problems, gambling, grief/bereavement, parenting issues, self-esteem, sexual concerns, sleep problems, stress, and many other topics are covered.
Suggestions are given about when to seek emergency care, when to see a physician, when to go to a counselor, and when self-help is appropriate. 7 3/8″ x 9″. 96 pages COST: $6.49. Item #: 2147. Go to the “products/online store–> Medical Self-Care Guides” http://www.healthylife.com/ Page: http://www.healthylife.com/products.asp?productsID=23